Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Thursday Night at Choir Rehearsal

The last time I spoke to you, I told you about Bible Study and that I would tell you about choir rehearsal on Thursday.

On Thursday, I went to choir rehearsal.  It started out good.  Things went crazy when I was supposed to teach the choir my song.  I was going to teach them the DM Adkins song, “Power in Praise”.  Well, Sis. K, as I will call her stood up and said, “Why is this child teaching us a song?  He is not a part of this choir.”  Eld. Gregg Pacheco, the Minister of Music responded, “Because I asked him, too.  Do you have a problem with it?”  She said, “Yes,” and then gathered up her stuff and left, along with two of her friends.

I was hurt because her and her friends do that every time I teach the choir a song.  I think she is mad because I was appointed the Youth Minister of Music over her son, who doesn’t play an instrument.  Her son can sing, but how can you be a minister of music and you cannot play an instrument.

In taught the choir the song.  It went very well.

M.B. Vick


Micha by: avatars.yahoo.com