Saturday, October 22, 2005

Revival Night #4

Well, tonight was the night.  Maybe I should say last night because it is Saturday morning.  I go tin at like 2:43 or something from church.

Evg. MaCulvie preached like he had lost his mind.  He prayed for everyone in the church, including me.  Why did he have me on the floor crying like a baby?

It is about to get personal…
Evg. MaCulvie told me that I was still holding a grudge against my father for something that he had done a long time ago and that I could not get where God wants me to go unless I forgive my father and allow God to heal me of my hurt.  I laid on the floor crying forever, I cannot really remember how long I was down there.

History…
When I was seven, I saw my father for the first time, by accident.  My mother had a picture of him in her closet.  She always told me who he was, but never said why he was not in my life.  I saw my father in a mall one day while walking with one of my aunts.  She said, “I cannot believe this.  There goes your no count daddy.”  I broke away from her and ran over to him and this girl he was with.  I got a rude awakening after I called him Daddy.  He looked at me and said, “Nigga, I ain’t your daddy.  I told your ignant mama to have an abortion because I didn’t want no kids, no get out of my face you little bast…”

I cried for days after that.  I have hated my father every since.  I really get jealous when I see other guys with their fathers.

After the service, Evg. MaCulvie talked to me about my hatred of my father.  I was mad at him at first because he had told all those people my business.  Evg. MaCulvie looked a t me and said, “Do not be mad at me.  Be mad at God.  He is the One who revealed your story to me.  I just did what He told me to do.”  I fell into his arms and went to crying again.  I have never been hugged by a man like that before.  For a few minutes, it felt like Evg. MaCulvie was my father.

After I got through crying, Evg. MaCulvie and his friends let me go out to eat with them.  I didn’t want to, but Evg. MaCulvie talked me into it.

I am not the same after tonight.  I can’t say that there is no more hatred in my heart for my father, but it isn’t as bad as it was before tonight.

M.B. Vick


Micha by: avatars.yahoo.com