Monday, February 27, 2006

Conference in Rowmanellieo

Almost Late 2/20

The flight to Rowmanellieo was scheduled to leave at 11:00 AM.  I was set to wake-up at 7 AM, but I didn’t wake up until 7:48.  I jumped up and almost lost my head trying to get to the airport.  I got to the airport at 9:20.  I was so embarrassed when Bishop was already sitting at the terminal waiting.

He hugged me and laughed at me after he said, “So, you overslept.”  We both laughed.


The flight was cool.  Bishop read over his notes.  I slept.  We got to Rowmanellieo at 1:24 PM.  A member of Canaan House of Rest was waiting on us.  They had a sign with both Bishop’s and my name on it.  I felt so special.


Choir Rehearsal 2/20

The person who was driving Bishop and I around, said that he would be back to pick me up at 5:30 PM.  He was there at 5:25.  Thankfully, I was dressed.  He talked the whole way to the church.  Apparently, the church is comprised of people ages 18-45, so it is a relatively young church.  Eld. Franklin is 39 years old.  His wife is 26.  It’s cool.  That made me want to come down here more than I wanted to before.


When I got to the church, most of the people who were in the choir were already there.  I was so surprised.  It felt weird, too.  Everyone clapped after I was introduced.  I felt all important.  There were 12 people there.  There were 4sapranos, 6 altos, and 2 tenors.


We prayed and I began working with them on the songs that they already sung.  I knew all of the songs already, so it was easy.  I asked them if they would meet with me tomorrow to learn some new songs.  They all said yes.  I was so shocked.

M.B.Vick


Micha by: avatars.yahoo.com