Saturday, February 11, 2006

Finally Able to Write About It

My mother kicked me out of the house on January 27.  I don’t even know why.  I was giving her $200/month, paying the phone bill, and buying groceries.  That hurt badly when she did that.  She called me lazy and good for nothing.  I think she was drunk when she said all of that.  I just left the house.  I had no idea where I was going.  I just got in my car and drove.  I stopped at a payphone and called Evg. MaCulvie.  He told me to come over to his house.  His wife was cool about it and everything.  I got over there and cried like a big old baby.

His wife hugged me and told me that everything was going to be okay.  I felt like and idiot.  How did I get kicked out?

Evg. MaCulvie let me stay over at his house that night.  The next day, he helped me formulate a plan of what I was going to do.  He helped me a lot.  He told me I could stay with him and his wife for a month while I save up some money to get my own apartment.  He helped me get on a waiting list for some apartments in the city.  They are pretty reasonable.  They cost more than $200/month.  I know that it is going to be okay.  He created me a budget.  Man, that budget is seriously strict.  I tripped out.

He suggested that I still give my mother $100/month.  I looked at him like he was crazy.  I agreed to do it, but I don’t even want to.  She kicked me out of the house.

I offer to pay him and his wife rent, but he told me that I didn’t have to.  I almost cried when he said that.

His wife is trying to get me a job Shimmer’s Incorporated.  The one I have now won’t help me a lot, being on my own.  She is the president of the company’s secretary, so I know she will probably be able to work something out.

I told my pastor that my mother had thrown me out of the house.  He touched my shoulder and said, “Son, God will see you through.”  I got mad.  That’s all he could say.  I couldn’t believe it.  Evg. MaCulvie said that pastor probably had something on his mind.  I don’t know.  I am just glad that Evg. MaCulvie is around because I don’t know what I would have done if I couldn’t go to him.

Church has gotten any better.  I didn’t go to choir rehearsal last week.  I don’t even care anymore.  I went to church with Evg. MaCulvie and his wife the last Sunday.  I haven’t been any services since the last Sunday in January.  No one from Audelia has even called me.  I am thinking about leaving because no one seems to care.  I haven’t told anyone yet, though.  I ain’t even praying about it, so there is no need of even lying about it.

I have an interview at Shimmers on February 13.  I hope I do well on the interview.

I am going over to my mother’s house to give her the money.  I am not even sure how that is going to go.  I heard, from the neighborhood gossip that my oldest brother, Craig, is at the house.  He has been in and out of jail since he was 20.  I don’t even get that.  She would rather have a criminal stay in her house instead of a Christian.  That aint right.  I wanted to mail the money to my mother, but Evg. MaCulvie said that I should go over to the house.  He said that I shouldn’t give the devil any leeway to enter into my mother’s mind that I hate her.  Evg. MaCulvie says that I can just go over there, say hi, and give her the money.  He said that I don’t have to carry on a conversation with her, if I don’t want to.  I am dreading this.

I am about to start crying, so I am going to quit.

God said, "Call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me."  Psalm 50:15

Lord, I need you.  Amen.

M.B.Vick


Micha by: avatars.yahoo.com