Sunday, November 20, 2005

In the Pastor’s Office

Eld. Tracey Ford and Eld. Dena Ford called Eld. Pacheco, Sis. K, and myself into the office after service today.  It got heated up in the meeting when Eld. Dena Ford told Sis. K that I had the right to ask her to be quiet while I was teaching the song.

Sis. K snapped, “I will just get out of the choir.  If I do that, you can believe that most of the choir will leave with me.  This sissy is not going to tell me what to do.”

Eld. Tracey Ford said, “Sis. K, I am going to ask you to not call Min. Vick anymore names.  I am trying to be nice, but you are making it very hard.  There is no need to call anyone name.”

Sis. K rolled her eyes.  She still hasn’t apologized to me.

I didn’t say a word in the meeting.  I started to at first, but I felt lead to just keep my mouth closed.

Sis. K stormed out of the office.  She was mumbling about taking the whole choir with her, when she left.

Eld. Tracey Ford and Eld. Dena Ford asked me to stay in the office after everyone else left.

Eld. Tracey Ford said, “I have been hearing some good things about you.  Keep up the good work.”  Eld. Dena Ford said, “Be encouraged.”  They said some other stuff before I left.

M.B. Vick


Micha by: avatars.yahoo.com