Monday, February 27, 2006

Nightly Services Monday 2/20

Service was great.  The choir sounded good for only having practiced with me for one time.  Eld. Franklin was bragging on the choir after each song.  I had prayed hard enough that we would sound good.  God answers pray.

Bishop Adkins preached, “Look on My Affliction”, from I Samuel 1:11.  He was off the chain.  He said that we should live a life that God will recognize us when we call His name.  Also, he said that we should pray often enough where God will recognize our voice easily.  It was awesome.

After church, the entire choir went out to eat.  I didn’t want to go because I didn’t have any extra money to eat out.  The choir president, Marcus Trayver, said that he would cover me.  I thought that was cool.  I rode with him to the restaurant.  I think he was interviewing me on the sly.
He asked me what experience I had with playing for choirs.  He also asked me about working with difficult people.  I almost fell out because if he only knew about the old church.  I didn’t say anything about the folk at my old church, but I told him some thoughts I had on the issue.  I wanted to say, “Difficult folk need to be put out of the choir,” but I didn’t.
Hanging out at the restaurant was so cool.  We were laughing and having fun.  I felt so great.  The old choir has never done anything like that.  We didn’t fellowship at all.

I made it back to the hotel after 12AM.  I fell in the bed and went right to sleep after I changed clothes.

M.B.Vick


Micha by: avatars.yahoo.com