Monday, February 27, 2006

Nightly Services Tuesday 2/21

Eld. Franklin preached like a mad man.  At one point, I stopped playing with him and was off the organ jumping up and down.  He stopped preaching, looked at me, and said, “Son, I know it’s good, but I need a little help in here.”  I came to myself and went back to playing.  Everyone in the church started laughing.  Marcus slapped me on the back.

Eld. Franklin preached, “Remember Me”, from I Samuel 1:11.  Eld. Franklin said that we should ask the Lord to remember us when we pray as Hannah did.  He said that if we had a relationship with God, he would hear our voice and know who we were.  He said that we have to remember God more often than we do by serving Him, reading our Bible, and praying.  It was awesome.

After service, Marcus, Eld. Franklin, Sis. Franklin, and two other ministers and their wives went out to eat.  It was cool.  Eld. Franklin picked up the check.  I road with Marcus again.  He was teasing me about Keyva.  He said, “You know you are supposed to be here ministering not checking out women.  You ain’t right.”  I laughed and said, “I ain’t checking out nobody.”  Marcus smiled and said, “Whatever.  You want me to get her number for you?”  Every bone in my body wanted to scream YES, but I didn’t say anything.

It was cool hanging out with all the preachers and their wives.  I was the youngest person there, but they didn’t make me feel like I was a youngster.  That was cool.  I was liking the church more and more.

M.B.Vick


Micha by: avatars.yahoo.com