Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Off The Chain

Church was off the chain tonight.

Deacon Patten picked me up from the house. I tripped out. The Franklins must really trust Deacon Patten.

When the members walked in and saw me on the organ. They almost flipped out. It was so funny. Marcus gave me a big hug. He asked me if I was there for good. He got upset when I said no.

Prayer started at 6:30. The service started at 7:30. They actually had a service. There is an optional Friday night Bible study offered at the church.

Keyva got to church late. She didn’t get there until close to 8:00. Marcus saw me looking at the door, he said, “Boy, she’s gonna be here. She is usually late on Wednesday. She has a late class.” I rolled my eyes at him.

Keyva walked in. She did a double take when she saw me. I think she wanted to come up there where I was. She smiled at me and I smiled back. Sis. Franklin made a mean face at me. I looked down and the keys on the organ. I think she is still mad at me.

Eld. Franklin preached good. I think he read some of my blog because he preached from Psalms 37:40, And the LORD shall help them and deliver them; He shall deliver them from the wicked, And save them, Because they trust in Him. He looked at me when he said the scripture. I smiled. His subject was Lord, Save Me. The one thing I remember most is that he said that when we are in trouble, we should cry out to God, because He is our only help and that we should wait on God.

We got out of service at 8:30. It was so cool. I have never gotten out of a service that early before. After church, most of the members asked me if I was there for good. I kept saying no over and over. It felt good having everyone try to sweet-talk me.

I looked for Keyva, but she had disappeared. I was so hurt. I couldn’t figure out why she hadn’t stuck around.

I walked outside. Keyva was out there standing by her car. I walked over to her. She folded her arms. She lit into me as soon as I got close to her… “I can’t believe that you didn’t tell me that you were here. Why didn’t you email me back? I can’t stand you.” I laughed and said, “I’m glad to see you, too. I wanted it to be a surprise.” She didn’t move. That girl is stubborn.

Eld. Franklin walked up to Keyva and me. He said, “Are you riding with me or do you want Keyva to give you a ride home?” I almost fell out. Keyva rolled her eyes and snipped, “He’s riding with you.” She walked off after that. I had to pick my face up off the ground. Eld. Franklin grabbed me by my neck and said, “You in trouble.” He laughed.

M.B.Vick


Micha by: avatars.yahoo.com