Thursday, March 09, 2006

Phone Call

At about 10:30, Sis. Franklin called my name and said that I had a phone call. I couldn’t figure out who was calling me. I went in the living room and picked up the phone. It was Keyva. I wanted to fall out.

Here’s how it went…

Me: Hello.
Keyva: Hello. It’s ya girl, Keyva.
Me: Cool. What’s up?
Keyva: Why you trying to act like you ain’t excited that I called you?
Me: I’m cool. (So, I lied.)
Keyva: Whatever. I am mad at you.
Me: I figured that much. Why are you mad at me?
Keyva: Please you no good and well why I am mad at you. You are trifling.
Me: I ain’t trifling. Why are you mad at me?
Keyva: Cause you didn’t tell me you were in town. That’s just shady.
Me: I wanted to surprise you when you saw me. Don’t be mad.
Keyva: Quit being cute, cause you are still in trouble.
Me: I know. Why you clown me like that in front of Eld. Franklin?
Keyva: Why did Eld. Franklin make that suggestion?
Me: I didn’t have anything to do with that.
Keyva: Whatever. Ain’t neither one of you all that slick. I’m gonna tell Sis. Franklin.
Me: Don’t do that. She is already mad at me.
Keyva: What did you do?
Me: None of your business. Why were you late to church?
Keyva: I got your none of your business. None of your business.
Me: Would you like to go out with me on Saturday?
Keyva: What?
Me: I just asked you out.
Keyva: Are you serious?
Me: Yes.
Keyva: Uhh, I can’t on Saturday.
Me: (That hurt.) Oh. That’s cool.
Keyva: Don’t you wanna know why?
Me: Yea, but I wasn’t gonna ask.
Keyva: I am going to sing at this musical at a friend’s church. Can you come play for me?
Me: (I’m smiling.) I guess so.
Keyva: You sound like I just told you that I hated you or something.
Me: I guess I just don’t want to go to church. I can play for you. What are you gonna sing?
Keyva: I haven’t decided yet.
Me: Just let me know.
Keyva: I will.

We talked for awhile longer, mostly just getting to know each other.

Her vitals…
Birthday: July 10
Favorite color: pink
Favorite food: Enchiladas
Favorite dessert: Pecan Pie and Chocolate Chip Nut Cookies
Pet: No
Animals: Horses

My vitals…
Birthday: June 11
Favorite color: gray
Favorite food: Macaroni & Cheese
Pet: Fishes
Animals: Fishes of all kinds especially whales
Favorite dessert: Any kind of cake

It’s after midnight. I’m going to bed.

I am going to choir rehearsal tomorrow night. Keyva is supposed to come by and pick me up. I am cheesing all big.

M.B.Vick


Micha by: avatars.yahoo.com