Monday, February 27, 2006

Nightly Services Thursday 2/23

I got a phone call from Keyva on Thursday.  I almost dropped the phone when she said her name.  She said that she had gotten my info from Marcus.  I laughed.  She said that she wanted to check on me and see if I was okay.  We talked for 5 or 6 minutes.  I wanted to keep talking to her, but she that she had to go because she had a class.  She is attending Xenia Women's College.  I was sad when I hung up the phone.

Dr. Dewey Medows preached, “You Better Pray,” from I Samuel 2:1-11.  He said that we need to pray and pray until we get an answer.  He said that we needed to remember that God’s answer can be Yes, No, or Wait.  He said that when we get the answer Wait, we can get anxious and want to move past God, but when we felt like that, we needed to stop and praise God.  He was good.  He had us laughing, too.  I didn’t have to play for him because he didn’t tune up.  It was cool though.

I didn’t go out to eat.  I went to the hotel because I was scared to go out to eat.  I felt like a child.  Marcus tried to convince me to go.  He said, “I may talk Keyva into going with us.”  I just shook my head and told him no.

M.B.Vick


Micha by: avatars.yahoo.com