Thursday, March 09, 2006

Oh My Goodness, Choir Rehearsal – Off the Chain

I went to choir rehearsal at Canaan House of Rest. It was off the chain. Marcus came and picked me up. He talked about the songs he wanted the choir to learn. I didn’t know two of them. He wanted them to learn Jehovah Reigns, Cry to Jehovah, and Without Jehovah by Shiloh and I Worship the Lord by Crowley Temple Mass Choir. I knew all of those. He also wanted them to learn Center of My Peace by D.M. Adkins and We Are Gonna Praise by Roger Gray and Confident in Jesus. I didn’t know those. Marcus told me that I could learn those for the next time. He made a crazy face. I laughed at him. Everyone at Canaan is so sure that I am coming down here.

Choir rehearsal was cool. They start at 6:30 with dinner. At 7:00, they have Bible study. A young preacher that is one of Marcus’ friends did the Bible study. They start rehearsal at 7:30. I was so shocked. They did everything, I mean everything on time. It was so cool.

Marcus talked for a few minutes. After he finished, he gave me the floor to teach the songs. I was half scared. Keyva smiled at me and it made me feel better. We did all of the Shiloh songs. They learned the songs really quickly. It was cool. Marcus asked if they wanted to keep going. Everyone screams yea. I did the song by Crowley Temple Mass. After that I was tired. I had never taught four songs in one rehearsal before. Get this, they wanted to keep going. I was like, uhh huh. Marcus came to my rescue and I was so glad. We got out after 9:00. Normally, they get out before 9, but everyone was having a good time.

They did some announcements at the end, one of which was a shock for me. Marcus said, “Don’t forget that we are supposed to sing for Champ on tomorrow and Saturday. Hopefully, we can get Micha to play for us.” Marcus’ friend, Champion Dixon clapped louder than the choir members. I knew I didn’t have much of a choice; I was going to play for them.

I wonder if I am gonna get paid. :)

M.B.Vick


Micha by: avatars.yahoo.com