Saturday, April 08, 2006

Moving Week

This week has been crazy. I have been getting ready for the move. I finally had a chance to breath. Here’s a recap.

SATURDAY 4/1
Well, I started packing up the stuff at Evg. MaCulvie’s house. I threw a lot of stuff away. I didn’t want to take the junk from my old life into my new life. I heard an old evangelist say that before. It seemed appropriate for this time.

Sis. MaCulvie helped me out. She was cool. She gave me a card. I opened it later. It had some money in it. It was quite a bit of money. WOW.

I was tired when I finally went to bed.

SUNDAY 4/2
I went to Audelia CC for the last time. Eld. Ford had me stand up in front of the church and told them that I was moving to Rowmanellieo to be their minister of music. Why did Sis. K say, “Thank God he is leaving.” That hurt a little, but I didn’t let it phase me. I hope she will be happy now that her son can be the youth choir minister of music.

I thick Eld. Pacheco may be the only person who will miss me.

MONDAY 4/3
I went over to my mother’s house to pack up the stuff I had over there. My brother and his friends weren’t there, thankfully. My mother let me in and then went straight to her room. Most of the stuff in my room was left untouched. My mother told me that I could padlock my room when she kicked me out. I had my bed, a chair, a desk, and a bunch of clothes and shoes left in there. I packed all of that stuff up in the truck that Evg. MaCulvie’s friend had let me borrow. My mother came out of the room once. She asked, “Are you really moving?” I told her yes. She asked, “Did you tell your father?” I told her no. She told me to tell him. I couldn’t believe that. She hates my father.

I hugged my mother before I left the house. She felt so skinny.

I went over to my father’s house. He came to the door, but wouldn’t let me in the house. I didn’t even care. I said, “I am moving to Rowmanellieo. I am going to be the minister of music at a church there. I just wanted to tell you.” He smiled, “You did get Pop’s musical ability. That’s cool. Write me sometime.” He handed me a wad of bills before I left.

That was that for the family.

TUESDAY 4/4
I went up to Beggs College and got everything cleared up there. They are going to send my transcript to me in Rowmanellieo. My advisor believes that my old credits will transfer to Xenia Men’s College. My financial aid should be okay according to the Beggs Street College financial aid office. I sure hope so. I will have to wait until the Summer semester before I begin classes, but I am going to go ahead and enroll in Xenia when I get to Rowmanellieo.

There is one good thing about Xenia. It costs less to attend it than Beggs Street. I am going to miss Beggs Street. I could go to any one of the music rooms at any time and practice. One of my music professors knows a professor at Xenia. She has promised to put in a good word for me.

According to my advisor, about 52 of my credit hours will transfer. That will make me a sophomore at Xenia instead of a junior. Oh well.

I am going to have to take some extra classes at Xenia to catch up to get a Bachelor of Arts in Music. I will find out more when I go up to Xenia.

WEDNESDAY 4/5
Marcus flew into town today. He is going to ride back to Rowmanellieo with me. He is a little too excited to be in Dorinda. I showed him around. He made a big deal about going to see Greater Buelahland Interdenominational House of Rest. Bishop Adkins was there. We talked to Bishop for a few minutes. I thought Marcus was gonna pass out because he was so excited.

It was fun.

We went up to Shimmers Inc., too. We got to meet Kourtnee Adams, the President of Shimmers. Marcus’ bottom lip dropped when he saw her. She is pretty. Sis. MaCulvie clowned Marcus. It was so funny.

I got an email from Keyva…

Hello.
I know you are busy. Hope everything is going good for you. Marcus is so excited. I am tired of him talking about getting to come to Dorinda. I wish I could have come down instead of him. :) Oh well, I guess I will have to wait until you get here.
Dea. Patten is all excited, too. I have no idea why. His wife is happy that you are coming, too. She thinks you are cute and that we make a cute couple. She is so silly.
Can’t to see you. You better have my flowers and candy when you get down here.

Be glad when you get here,
Ya Girl - Keyva

THURSDAY 4/6
We left for Rowmanellieo at 6:00 AM. Sis. MaCulvie fixed us breakfast. Evg. MaCulvie prayed for us.

The trip was cool. Marcus talked about all the songs he wanted the choir to sing. I had to tell him to shut up. I drove most of the way. Marcus drives like he is crazy.

We made it to Rowmanellieo after 5:00 PM. When we go to Eld. Franklin’s house, there was a party going on. They had a barbeque grill going. Almost every last member of Canaan was there. I was surprised. Keyva wasn’t there. I was sad.

The party was fun. It lasted until 6:30. I was tired. I went to my room and laid down. I slept until after 9:00. Sis. Franklin woke me up. Keyva was on the phone. I talked to her for like 2 minutes and then I got off the phone.

I left my stuff in the trailer.

FRIDAY 4/7
I slept until after 1:00 PM. I was going to go out to my trailer and unpack, but sis. Franklin told me not to worry about it. I went back to bed.

The Franklins and I went out to eat for dinner, my treat. It was so cool.

I am too tired.

M.B.Vick


Micha by: avatars.yahoo.com