Sunday, March 12, 2006

One Last Time

My flight was scheduled to leave at 8:50. I had a few hours to kill before going to the airport. I was expecting Eld. Franklin to take me to the airport, but Keyva showed up to take me to the airport. I was happy, but I tried not to show it.

We drove to the airport in silence. I asked Keyva a couple of questions, but she didn’t answer them. She seemed sad and mad; all at the same time. I didn’t know what to do.

We made it to the airport 4 hours early. We sat out in the lobby. Finally, Keyva said something.


Keyva: I guess you think I am crazy now.
Me: Not really.
Keyva: Yea, right.
Me: Girl, I don’t think you are crazy. It’s kind of cute that you got jealous.
Keyva: You shouldn’t get so excited about that.
Me: (I laughed.) I know. But it is too cute.
Keyva: You are getting too much pleasure out of this.
Me: I know.
Keyva: I like you, okay.
Me: I know.
Keyva: That’s it. I know.
Me: Yep.
Keyva: If you say so.
Me: Do you wanna go out with me the next time I come to town?
Keyva: When is that going to be?
Me: I am not sure. I gotta get some stuff in order back at home. I gotta talk to some people. I still have some things to check out in Rowmanellieo before I decide what I am going to do, so I’ll be back.
Keyva: Yea, I wanna go out with you.
Me: Can you plan the date?
Keyva: Yea, I can do that.
Me: Cool. are we cool?
Keyva: Yea, I shouldn’t have gotten so mad at you. I just didn’t like the way that girl was rubbing all on you. And she was in church, too. She was shameless.
Me: You are cute when you get jealous.
Keyva: Whatever.
Me: Yea. So, you wanna be my girl?
Keyva: No, I don’t know anything about you.
Me: Uhh huh.
Keyva: Just don’t be flirting with women in front of me.
Me: Yes, mame. I wont. I am gonna tell everyone that I know in Dorinda that I have a girlfriend.
Keyva: Yea and you’ll be lying.
Me: I wont be a liar for long.

We both laughed. We talked for awhile longer.

She kissed me on the cheek when she left. I am never washing my face again. (Corny, I know.)

M.B.Vick


Micha by: avatars.yahoo.com