Friday, March 24, 2006

This Feels Like Home

I am sitting here at Eld. Franklin’s house. This feels like home. I can’t explain it, but it feels like home.

I think Carlton and I are friends again because he has been coming in and out of here all night. It’s been cool. I played cars with him for awhile. I asked him to leave though.

I thought about this one time when my brother and I played with some toy cars. They were the cheap kind, the ones that just have the shell and no body. We played with those things all day. It was so cool. It wasn’t too long after that, that he went bad. I was nine and he was twelve.

Carlton must have seen me crying. A few minutes later, Eld. And Sis. Franklin walked into the room.

Here I am sitting on the floor holding onto a toy car, crying. I was so embarrassed. Eld. Franklin asked his wife and son to leave. He sat down on the floor with me. We talked for awhile. He hugged me after it was all over.

I am at home.

M.B.Vick


Micha by: avatars.yahoo.com