Saturday, March 18, 2006

One Crazy Week

Monday was the only day that didn’t cause me stress. The rest of the week, Lord, have mercy.

Tuesday
I went to my church in Dorinda to talk to Eld. Ford. I told him about the offer from Canaan. Well, that lead to him all but calling me an ungrateful trick worker. Apparently, I don’t appreciate all that he has done for me. (He hasn’t done a thing for me.) He went on and on forever. I almost started crying, but I held back the tears. I have never heard anyone say anything so hurtful to me.

I tried to explain to him that Bishop Adkins had told Eld. Franklin about me. Eld. Ford didn’t seem to care. He accused me of going behind his back and asking for the position. I was in there for an hour. It was horrible.

I went home and called Bishop Adkins. I told him what had happened, tears included. He tried his best to calm me down, but I didn’t. Bishop said that he would set up a meeting between Eld. Ford and I. I was dreading that.

Thursday Morning
My meeting with Bishop and Eld. Ford was in the morning. I had a meeting scheduled with my college advisor that afternoon.

The meeting with Bishop and Eld. Ford was awful. Eld. Ford talked about me like I wasn’t even in the room. He called me childish, immature, conniving, hateful, and evil. Bishop asked me to leave the office for a few minutes. I have no idea what Bishop said to Eld. Ford, but Eld. Ford apologized when I came back in the office.

Bishop told Eld. Ford that I had nothing to do with the offer. I still don’t think Eld. Ford believed him. Eld. Ford left before I did. Bishop said that he wanted to talk to me some more.

Bishop tried to make me feel better, but I was too upset. I couldn’t believe that Eld. Ford would even say those things about me. Bishop told me to not worry about anything and that everything was going to work out.

Yea right.

Thursday Afternoon
I went to go talk to my college advisor. That was a disaster. It boils down to this, if I withdraw now, my credits from this semester won’t transfer. This is some bull.

Thursday Night
There was one bright spot to today. I had a couple of great emails from Keyva.

Email One from Keyva
Hey Micha,
I was just thinking about you. You haven’t emailed me, so I guess you are busy handling whatever it is that you need to handle.
Hope things are going okay for you.
If you get a chance, please email me.

Missing you like crazy,
Ya Girl – Keyva

Email Two from Keyva
Hey again. I was thinking about you. I can’t believe I am missing you this much.
You are probably gonna have a fit with that one. SMILE.
Marcus acted a fool in choir rehearsal. Someone asked where you were. Marcus got upset very upset. He got all purple in the face. It was too funny.
After church, I asked him what was up. He said that he wished that you were at rehearsal just like ole girl that had commented about you. Marcus was like, “I will be glad when Micha gets down here for good. This is crazy.”

Everyone misses you. You should feel so special. SMILE!

Wishing You Were Here Just like Everyone Else,
Ya Girl – Keyva

Friday
I went to see my mother. My brother’s friend wouldn’t let me in the house. I asked him to ask my mother to come out of the house. She did. She looked bad. I mean sickly. I could tell that she has been drinking. I wanted to cry. I told her that I was going to move to Rowmanellieo. She said, “Bye.” I was hoping that she would try to talk me into staying, but she didn’t. She just went back into the house without even a look back at me.

This is crazy.

I tried to email Keyva back, but every time I went to type, I broke out crying like a big baby.

M.B.Vick


Micha by: avatars.yahoo.com