Sunday, March 26, 2006

A Cold Stare and a Colder Shoulder

I went to church today. When Keyva saw me, she gave me the coldest look I have ever seen. It sent a dreadful chill down my spine.

She stared at me through the whole service. Every time I looked at her, her stare was colder than the previous look.

I was hoping that Eld. Franklin would preach all day, but he didn’t. I tried to get back to Eld. Franklin’s office before anyone could say anything to me, but I didn’t make it. Marcus caught me. He said, “Man, please tell me that you are going to move down here. Man, we really need you. Down here.” Keyva walked by me, on purpose, she stared at me and kept on walking by me. Marcus looked at her and then at me. He said, “She is mad at you. What did you do?” I said, “It’s what I didn’t do.”

I called Keyva. She answered the phone. I didn’t even get a chance to say hi before she lit into me.

“I cannot believe that you had the unmitigated gall to bring your trifling behind down here and not tell me. You could have at least emailed me. And don’t give me that surprise crap. I ain’t buying it. I know we ain’t in a relationship or anything, but we are supposed to be friends. If this is how you treat your friends, I hate to see how you treat a girlfriend. I don’t care if you ever move your tail down here. Bye!”

I wanted to fall out laughing. She was heated. I called her back again, but she never answered the phone.

The last time I called, I left her a message.

Hey it’s me, Micha. I have decided that I am going to move to Rowmanellieo.

I wonder what she is going to think when she hears the message.

M.B.Vick


Micha by: avatars.yahoo.com