Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Nightly Services Friday 2/24

This service was crazy.  We sung Fret Not.  Keyva sung the song like she had been at the church all day praying.  I was trying to play the organ and crying at the same time.  I thought I was going to have to stop playing at one point.  Marcus looked at me and motioned for me to keep playing.  I don’t know how I played with tears in my eyes.  Well, after the song, we went up in a dance that was off the hinges.  Folk were dancing like crazy.  Keyva was dancing.  She dances so cute.  Marcus dances wild.  It was funny.  Sis. Franklin dances pretty.  I thought Eld. Franklin was going to fall at one point the way he dances.  When we finally got through dances, Eld. Franklin said, “I like that.  Ain’t no harm to praise God.”  A few minutes later, we started up again.  It was so awesome.

Eld. Micah Wynn from Youth Working Ministries preached, “Hannah’s Prayer,” from I Samuel 1:1-2:11.  He said that Prayer is power.  He talked about Hannah’s PAIN, PRAYER, PEACE, and PRAISE.  He talked about Hannah praying on purpose for a long time.  He reminded us that sometimes, we will have to pray for a long time before we get an answer.  He said don’t get weary.  He laid hands on everyone in the church.  There were like 70 people there.  It took forever.

I had no intention of going through the pray line.  Eld. Wynn looked at me and said, “Get over here.”  I walked over to him.  He laid hands on me.  I fell out.  When I came to, I was still on the floor.  One of the ushers helped me off the floor.  They were giving the benediction when I stood up.

Marcus came over to me after service and laughed.  He said, “Boy, you sure like to make a scene, don’t you.”  I just laughed.  Marcus grabbed me by the neck and said, “I am gonna have fun working with you.  You are funny.”  I looked at him like he was crazy.  I said, “Who said we are going to be working together?”  Marcus laughed and said, “We are gonna be working together.  Believe that.”  He walked off before I could say anything.

Keyva walked over to me and said, “You hit the floor hard.”  She laughed and said, “You should be hurt.”  I shook my head and said, “You are so mean.”  She smiled and said, “I know.  When are you leaving?”  I said, “Sunday, after church.  Why?  Are you gonna miss me?”  She made a face and said, “NO!”  I said, “You are mean.”  She walked off smiling.

I watched Keyva walk off.  I heard Sis. Franklin’s voice say, “I hope you are thinking pure thoughts, young man.”  I looked up at her.  She smiled at me and said, “I enjoyed you playing tonight.  I hope that you will join us again, maybe even for awhile.”  I smiled at her and said, “I don’t know about all of that.”  Sis. Franklin said, “God answers pray and I believe he is going to answer my prayer.”  I said, “What does that mean?”  She smiled, “Just wait and see.  Do I need to have pastor talk to you about the sins of the flesh?”  I just stared at her.  She gave me a motherly look and then walked off.

I sat there on the bench with my head in my hands.  I was trying to wrap my head around everything that had happened.  It seemed like everyone had already decided that I was going to move to Rowmanellieo.  I wasn’t sure about that.  I don’t even know anybody in the city.  I would have to leave my mother.  (That would be easy at this point).  I would have to leave my current church.  (That would be even easier at this point).  I would have to leave my current job.  I work in the music department of Beggs College.  I would have to give up my job.  I like my job at the college.  I meet a lot of cool people there.  I am not sure that I want to give up my job.

I guess I gotta pray some more.

M.B.Vick    


Micha by: avatars.yahoo.com