Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Making A Trip 3/6

Early Monday morning, Eld. Franklin called me.  He asked me if I could be at the airport for a flight to Rowmanellieo.  I asked him on what day.  He laughed and said, “Today.”  I coughed and said, “When would I come back to Dorinda?”  He said, “On Sunday.”  I didn’t know if I could do it.  I had missed a week of school already.  I didn’t think that my professors were going to go for another missed week.  I said, “I will have to go talk to my professors and see if they will let me out of my classes.  I can call you back and let you know.”  We talked for awhile longer and then said goodbye.

I tripped out.  Why did he want me to come back to Rowmanellieo?

I knew that I could get out of work pretty easily.  I wasn’t too sure about my classes.  I talked to my professors, all three of them.  Only one of them gave me a hard time.  I only have his class one night a week.  I didn’t have any tests in the class and I had completed all of my homework assignments.  I didn’t see the problem.  He went on a tirade forever and then told me to go, but I wouldn’t be able to make-up the assignment for the class I missed.  I was like cool.

It was 11:46 when I called Eld. Franklin back.  I told him that I could leave and go to the airport.  I was excited about going back to Rowmanellieo.

Eld. Franklin met me at the airport.  I was surprised.  We didn’t talk much on the ride to his house.

He had a nice house.  I found out that he and his wife had a 3 year old son.  He hadn’t been at church with them during the conference.  Sis. Franklin was in the kitchen when we got to the house.  She was cooking some fried chicken.  Their son was at the table coloring.  Eld. Franklin introduced me to his son.  “Carlton, this is our new musician, Micha.”  Micha jumped down from the table and came over to me and hugged me.  He said, “Hi, Mike.”  I laughed.  Eld. Franklin said, “His name is Micha.”  Carlton let me go and said, “Mike, Mike, Mike.”  I laughed.

Dinner was great.  Sis. Franklin can burn something fierce.  I know I ate too much food.  They may not want me staying with them for 4 months.

Eld. Franklin showed me the guest bedroom.  That was where I was supposed to stay when I “moved” down to Rowmanellieo.  I put my stuff down and sat down on the bed.  Eld. Franklin sat down in a chair near the bed.  He said, “Your face has been long ever since you got here.  What’s the matter?”  I said, “Nothing.”  He said, “If I am going to be your pastor, you are gonna have to trust me.”  I laughed and said, “You are very confident.”  He smiled, “Yep.  I am.  What’s wrong?”  I didn’t know this man well enough to tell him my family business.  I said, “Nothing.”  Eld. Franklin said, “Whenever you feel like talking, let me know.”  He left the room.

I was playing on my laptop when Carlton walked into the room.  He jumped up in my lap and said, “You playin’ on yo’ puter.  Can I play?”  I said, “Yea.”  He punched on the keys and played around with the mouse.  He got down from my lap and jumped on the bed.  I wasn’t sure what to do.  I said, “Are you suppose to be jumping on the bed like that?”  He just kept on jumping.  I went over to the bed to get him off the bed.  I reached for him and he made a move and fell off the bed.  He started screaming like I had hurt him or something.  A few seconds later, both of his parents were in the room.  I just knew that they were going to throw me out of their house.

Sis. Franklin ran to Carlton.  Eld. Franklin asked, “What happened?”  I didn’t want to get Carlton into trouble, so I said, “We were playing around and he fell.”  Eld. Franklin walked over to the bed and looked at it.  He said, “It looks like somebody with little feet were jumping on the bed.”  I looked down at the floor.  Carlton smiled at me.  He said, “Uhh uhh, we were playin’ like Mike was said.”  I wanted to laugh, but Eld. Franklin looked at me like he knew I was lying, so I didn’t.

Sis. Franklin held Carlton and said, “Well, you all are going to have to be more careful.  I don’t want either one of you getting hurt.”  Eld. Franklin left the room.  Sis. Franklin was holding Carlton and trying to walk out of the room.  Carlton screamed, “I wanna stay wit Mike.”  Sis. Franklin said, “We should leave Micha alone.  He doesn’t want to be bothered with you.”  Carlton said, “Mike is me friend.  I wanna play.”  I said, “It’s okay Sis. Franklin.  He can stay.”  She put her son down and left the room.

Carlton grabbed by leg and wrestled with it.  I almost fell down.  I picked him up and threw him on the bed.  We spent the rest of the night wrestling.

M.B.Vick


Micha by: avatars.yahoo.com