Sunday, March 05, 2006

What’s in the Bag?

I was depressed most of the weekend.  I didn’t even go to church.  Sis. MaCulvie tried to get me to eat, but I wouldn’t.  I just cried.  Evg. MaCulvie tried to talk to me, but I didn’t want to talk to him.

The bag that Deacon Patten had given me popped into my head.  I had put it in a drawer.  I didn’t want to look in it.  I went to the drawer and got the bag.  I looked through it.  There was a book about prayer in the bag, a big bag of M&M’s, a teddy bear, and a note.  I opened the note.  It was from Keyva.  It read…
Sorry about looking through your bag.  I shouldn’t have done that.  I think you are a great musician.  I hope you will come back to see us.  Here’s my email address, if you want to email me.
Miss you already,
Ya Girl - Keyva


The note made me smile.  I wondered what, Ya Girl, meant, but I didn’t want to get too excited.  I felt better.  I was still mad about what happened at my mother’s.

At least, I had Keyva’s email address.  I am back in love with Keyva Palmer.  

M.B.Vick


Micha by: avatars.yahoo.com