Tuesday, February 28, 2006

She Made Me Mad 2/25

We had workshops on Saturday.  We met at the hotel I was staying in at 7:30AM to register.  I hadn’t paid a registration fee and I wasn’t sure if I could attend the workshops, but Eld. Franklin told me that everything was taken care of.  I went to the table and got my registration packet.  The bag had a pen, pencil, note pad, some mints, and some lotion in it.

I was about to go sit at a table by myself when Marcus grabbed me.  I drug me to a table and said, “You can sit at table with us.”  Keyva, two ladies, and a guy were sitting at the table.  Marcus smiled at me when he pointed to the empty chair by Keyva.  I shook my head and sat down.

Keyva grabbed my bag and started looking in it.  I looked at her like she was crazy.  After I grabbed my bag back, I said, “Don’t go through my bag like that!  We ain’t that close!”  I was upset.  I hate for people to touch my stuff without my permission.  It’s something from childhood.  My brother, Craig, was always using my stuff.  He stole more of it than anything.  Everyone at the table looked at me like I was crazy.  I stood up with my bag in my hand and said, “Sorry.  I don’t like people touching my stuff.”  I left and went outside.  I was half tempted to go to my room.

Sis. Franklin walked up to me.  She asked, “Are you okay?”  I didn’t even look at her.  I said, “Yes.”  She sat down on the couch next to me.  She said, “It’s hard staying mad.”  I looked at her.  What was she talking about?  She was tripping.  I didn’t want to be bothered.  She didn’t leave.  She said, “Are you going to come back into the conference?”  I mumbled, “Eventually.”  She said, “You can be grumpy when you want to.  Take as long as you need.  Just don’t leave.”  She walked off.

I knew that I couldn’t leave because they had flown me to the conference, so I had to stay.  I prayed…
Lord, help me.  I really need Your help right now.

I went back into the conference.  I didn’t want to go back to the table, but Marcus grabbed me and said, “You done upset your girlfriend.  She moved to another table.”  I couldn’t believe that Marcus had said that.  I said, “She ain’t my girlfriend and I don’t really care where she sits.”  Marcus said, “Chill on the attitude with me, bro.  I didn’t do anything to you.”  I rolled my eyes.  Marcus said, “Anyway, she moved, so you can come back to the table.”  I said, “I said I didn’t care where she sat.”  Marcus said, “Uhh huh.”

I sat down at the table.  I looked in the direction that Keyva was sitting in.  She gave me an evil look when she saw me looking at her.

I don’t like that girl anymore!

M.B.Vick


Micha by: avatars.yahoo.com