Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Sunday Morning Service 2/26

Sunday morning service was good.  Eld. Franklin asked us to sing Fret Not.  We didn’t sing it like we had on Friday night, but we did a good job.

The guest speaker was Eld. Julian Washington from Phillippi House of Rest.  He preached, “Just Wait for It,” from Isaiah 40:26-31.  He talked about waiting on God and working for Him in the process.  He talked about praying and listening for an answer from God.  He talked about having quiet time with God.

I wasn’t listening as much as I should have.  I was thinking about being the minister of music for the church.  It would be a welcomed change from my crazy life.  I had seen that being in Rowmanellieo could be crazy just like being in Dorinda.  The only thing that would hold me back is my job at the college.  I had been there for two years.  I was close to being made assistant manager.  I wasn’t sure what to do.

When service was over, a lot of the members came and hugged me and told me that they enjoyed me playing.  A couple of them told me that they would be glad if I chose to come play for the church.  It felt good to be wanted.  I still wasn’t sure about playing for the church.

Marcus walked up to me and put his arm on my shoulder.  I said, “You are very touchy feely.”  He smiled and said, “Yea, I was raised in a family where we are always hugging each other.  Some people get freaked out by it.  I forget that everyone isn’t use to me.  Hope I didn’t make you feel uncomfortable.”  I said, “Naw, it’s just kind of weird.”  He smiled.  He said, “So, did you and your girl kiss and make up?”  I said, “She ain’t my girl.  Dang.”  Marcus laughed and said, “Boy, you got it bad for that girl.  You should ask her for her email address.”  I made a face.  I said, “Whatever man.”  Marcus walked off laughing.

Sis. Franklin hugged me and said, “When are you going to move here?”  I looked at her and said, “I don’t know.”  She said, “I believe God.  He will tell you what to do.”  I smiled at her and said, “Yes, mame.”

I sat around for awhile waiting for the Deacon Patten to drive me to the airport.  Eld. Washington came over to me and sat down.  He said, “I enjoyed you today.  I hear that they want you to come be there minister of music.”  I said, “Yes sir.”  He said, “Have you been praying about it?”  I said, “Yes sir.  The funny thing is, the only reason I would stay in Dorinda is my job.  Not my mother, not my brother, not even my current church home.  That’s the funny thing.”  Eld. Washington said, “Sometimes life can be funny.  Just keep praying, God will let you know what to do.  Just don’t miss your blessing.  Sometimes God wants us to move from our comfort zone.”  He didn’t say anything else after that.

The flight home was a quiet one.  I hadn’t even looked in the bag that Deacon Patten had given me.  He said that it was a little something from the church.  I just put it in my bag.

What am I going to do?

M.B.Vick


Micha by: avatars.yahoo.com