Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Nightly Service Saturday 2/25

Service was cool.  Evg. Jonathan Reed of Reed Ministries was the guest speaker.

Evg. Reed preached, “Principles of Prayer,” from Matthew 6:9-13.  He talked about the Lord’s Prayer.  He said that it was a revelation of the attitude that we should approach God with when we pray.  He said that we should talk to God as if He is our Father.  We should have an attitude of awe, submission, dependence, and total confidence.  He gave us some prayer directives from the Word that consisted of praying for a lot of things.  He also told us what happens when we continue in a prayer life.

It was very good.  I learned a lot.

After service, Eld. Franklin asked me to come to his office.  When we got into his office, Eld. Franklin said, “I appreciate you playing for us this week.  I enjoyed you.  Here’s a little something for you.”  He handed me an envelope.  I took the envelope and put it in my pocket.  He gave me a hug before I walked out of his office.

I went to the restroom.  I opened the envelope and looked in it.  I counted the money.  There was $200.00 in the envelope.  I was surprised, but happy.

I walked back into the church.  Marcus walked up to me.  He said, “Are you gonna go out to eat with us?”  I didn’t want to go.  Marcus said, “Come on, man.  The whole choir is going.”  I shrugged and said, “Whatever.”

I was quiet most of the time at the restaurant.  No one seemed to even notice.  I looked at Keyva a couple of times.  She just gave me mean looks.  I wanted to go home, I mean my real home, not the hotel.

M.B.Vick


Micha by: avatars.yahoo.com